Saturday, November 24, 2007

Luscious P Undercover:
Part 6 - Iggy Pop is Dead, Baby


NEWLIFE PART VI

Luscious P continues her tour through the NewLife Site, where millions build virtual people, have virtual lives and conduct virtual affairs.

Iggy Pop Is Dead, Baby



I was shaking my cute little bootie when an avatar dressed like Iggy Pop bounced into me then bounced into me again. It was after the fourth time that I took a better look at him.

I reached up with my hands and when he crashed into me I pushed back, politely of course. He fell to the floor and thrashed around then lay still. The strobe lights played over us and the other avatars kept up their performance art dancing as I kneeled down beside him.

His eyes were closed and he lay very still. I wasn’t quite sure what to do. Avatars didn’t have a pulse so it would have been silly to feel for one. I looked up for Godfrey but he had disappeared.

The music suddenly stopped and the avatars ground to a halt. As if en masse they all turned and stared at me and the now rigid Iggy Pop look-alike sprawled across the cyberdance floor.



“Good God!” An avatar that looked like Cindy Crawford screamed. “He’s dead!”



I looked down at the “dead” Iggy Pop avatar. He looked so peaceful. A tall dark handsome avatar slipped his digital arm around me.



“He looks so peaceful,” he said as he looked down at the “dead” Iggy.



“Ah, he looks happy,” said the now calm Cindy Crawford clone. She smiled at the other avatars. The music, a “chill” tune started back up. “Come here,” she said to me, “and hug me, baby.”


It seemed like such the right thing to do. I hugged her angular curves while other avatars began to once again dance around the room. “He’s dead, baby,” she said. “Isn’t that cool?”



It is kinda cool, I thought to myself while that pesky voice in the back of my head whispered: “come on, it’s the Simulated X talking.”

I shook my head. “But he looks so peaceful, so happy,” I told my pesky brain voice. “And dead as a doorknob,” my conscience reminded me.



The crowd parted like a wave as the NewLife cops arrived on the scene.


“What do we have here?” said the cop with the model looks. He looked at me. “You know this guy?” He pointed at the Dead Iggy lying prone on the club floor.


I shook my head. His partner, a very buff woman, walked around the deceased while she spoke into a small headset. “Subject is a Iggy Pop Avatar.” She squatted down next to him then put some sort of cursor on him. His body began to fade then completely disappear. “He’s deleted,” she said into her headset then she stood back up. “You know this Iggy?”


I shook my head. “This is the first I saw him.”



The male cop smiled at me. “You’ll need to come with us.”



“Why?”



“We’ll need to get a statement.”


They seemed like the nicest cops in the world. “Sure,” I said. I followed the two cops through the dancing crowd. I felt sooooo good as if I could dance my way to the cop station. Someone grabbed my arm. It was the missing Godfrey.


“Watch out,” he said then he disappeared back into the crowd.


Part One

Part Deaux

Part III

Part IV

Part 5:

Simulated X

No comments:

Death by 1000 Papercuts

Attempting the roll back of the nanny-state: one papercut at a time.

Since 2007

"A Rip-Snortin" Gang of Hard-Living, Rightwing Cutthroats "

  • Classy Dame -- Little Baby Ginn
  • Cigar Afficinado --Mondoreb
  • Marijuana Girl- Luscious P(each)
  • Coffee Boy----Giant Scrotum Man
Add to Technorati Favorites

My Blogger Panel