Thursday, November 8, 2007

Luscious P UNDERCOVER Part 5:


NEWLIFE PART V

Luscious P continues her tour through the NewLife Site, where millions build virtual people, have virtual lives and conduct virtual affairs.



Stimulated X




I noticed how Godfrey’s avatar had begun to look quite a bit more alluring. In fact, the words that came out his mouth seemed all the sudden, fascinating.



“Simulated X? As in simulated ecstasy?”



“You got it, baby,” he said. “Let’s dance.” He sidled up and put his arm around my waist.



“There’s no music,” I said.



“Who needs music,” he said, “when we can make our own.”



I begin to feel good. Really good and I suddenly felt like dancing. “Let’s go back into the club.”



“No, no,” Godfrey said, “I know an even better place to get down.”



I looked at his flat avatar face, his angles looked incredibly devilishly handsome. How did I miss this about him earlier? “Sure,” I said. “Lead the way.”



He smiled. “Follow me, Amelie, follow me.”



“Okay,” I said. I laughed. “I feel like a butterfly without the sting of a bee.”



We went through a beaded lights curtain into a room where avatars danced and spun around. The pull to join them was overwhelming.



“Feel good?” Godfrey said.



“I do, I do!” I said. “Amazingly so.”



“It’s the Simulated X.”



I looked at him. “How do they do that? Make us feel like we’ve done X?”

He giggled. “It’s a secret but since I like you, I really, really like you, I’ll tell you.”

My heart warmed to him. What a lovely guy, I thought, but in the back of my mind a tiny voice spoke up. It’s the X talking… I shook my head. Be quiet,” I told the irritating voice, this is too much fun! I smiled at him. “What are we waiting for? Let’s dance!”

“Yes! Let’s dance,” He did the short version of the Paso Doble. “It’s in the rhythm, Amelie, feel the rhythm.”


We spun and danced around with the other avatars. It was some new-fashioned love-in even when someone bumped into me or stomped on my toes. Evidently good dancing skills didn’t translate onto cyberworld.


I was shaking my cute little bootie when an avatar dressed like Iggy Pop bounced into me then bounced into me again. It was after the fourth time that I took a better look at him.


I reached up with my hands and when he crashed into me I pushed back, politely of course. He fell to the floor and thrashed around then lay still.


The strobe lights played over us and the other avatars kept up their performance art dancing as I kneeled down beside him. His eyes were closed and he lay very still. I wasn’t quite sure what to do. Avatars didn’t have a pulse so it would have been silly to feel for one. I looked up for Godfrey but he had disappeared.


The music suddenly stopped and the avatars ground to a halt. As if en masse they all turned and stared at me and the now rigid Iggy Pop look-alike sprawled across the cyberdance floor.


“Good God!” An avatar that looked like Cindy Crawford screamed. “He’s dead!”


Part One

Part Deaux

Part III

Part IV

No comments:

Death by 1000 Papercuts

Attempting the roll back of the nanny-state: one papercut at a time.

Since 2007

"A Rip-Snortin" Gang of Hard-Living, Rightwing Cutthroats "

  • Classy Dame -- Little Baby Ginn
  • Cigar Afficinado --Mondoreb
  • Marijuana Girl- Luscious P(each)
  • Coffee Boy----Giant Scrotum Man
Add to Technorati Favorites

My Blogger Panel